Monday, October 23, 2006

Viral Marketing with phpList

I've been messing around a lot with phplist. It is a fullfledged newsletter manager with a double opt-in subscription mechanism, scheduling, RSS, click-tracking, attachments and bounce management. The plan is to create a viral marketing script that uses the PHPList database to control user access to the member areas of the site.

I'm also trying to incorporate the GeoLite City database, so I can capture a users region when they sign up for the newsletter. Since the niche I'm working in is very location oriented, I hope to be able to use PHPList and PHPadsnew to target them with location specific newsletters and banners.

I'm going to try the plan similar to the 15kchallenge. The plan is to offer something for free if they add their email address, and confirm using the link in the welcome email. Then offer something else for free if they sign up 3 friends (and they confirm).

No comments: