Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What Happened?

My last post was April 10th of this year. A day or two after that post my reseller account was hacked by a Chinese hacking group. They deleted all of my domains as well as all remote backups that I had stored through the hosts remote backup server. Watching my AIS go from around $900/month to $0 in one day was pretty disheartening. I've rebuilt some of the sites, but haven't taken the time to get them all up and running. I've made only $58.25 in adsense since the sites were hacked. Backup your sites to disk ASAP. Having a remote backup server does not completely protect you.

I'm starting to get the AIS bug again, and will be working on a viral marketing script. I'm developing a product, and hopefully will launch in the next month. If anyone has any opensource code that will help with the viral marketing script, please let me know. Also, please let me know if anyone is still reading this. Thanks.

1 comment:

geebandit said...

Glad to see your posting again. Too bad about the hack incident. Hopefully it won't take too much much to get it all going again.